Disclaimer

Disclaimer 1: The author, AVIS, does not claim that he is the be-all, know-all and end-all of all that he shares based on experiences and learnings. AVIS has nothing against or for any religion. If the reader has a learning to share, most welcome. If the reader has a bone to pick or presents a view, which may affect the sentiments of other followers/readers, then this Page’s administrators may have to regrettably delete such a comment and even block such a follower. Disclaimer 2: No Thought expressed here is original though the experience of the learning shared may be unique. AVIS has little interest in either infringing upon or claiming copyright of any material published on this Page. The images/videos used on this Page/Post are purely for illustrative purposes. They belong to their original owners/creators. The author does not intend profiting from them nor is there any covert claim to copyright any of them.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

There’s a great beauty in doing nothing and just being!



An unexpected change in schedules, leaving you with nothing to do for a few hours, can actually be a blessing in disguise. I rediscovered this from experience yesterday, 

Around mid-day yesterday a couple of my schedules ended up being changed at the last minute. I was left in a very busy city, with a whole afternoon at my disposal, with not much money on me and without anything to do. I could have gone back to where I was staying. But the catch was I was needed by early evening to be at another meeting downtown. I realized I had nothing to do for five hours!

For the first few minutes I was clueless. Then it began to rain. First a small drizzle. And then a steady downpour. I stepped out of my car on impulse and started to walk in the rain. Up ahead in front of me the sea was choppy and dark clouds gathered menacingly. There was something beautiful I thought about this moment even though my real world was in the throes of a grave crisis. I kept walking, unmindful (which is very unlike me!) that my shoes were soiled and my clothes drenched. I am not a typical rain person__as my wife and children will tell you!. But there was something uplifting about the entire experience. I started to be enjoy it!

I was soon reminded of Johnnie Ray’s 1956 rendition of Johnny Bragg and Robert Riley’s classic ‘Just Walkin’ in the Rain….!’. I didn’t recall the lyrics instantaneously but the song’s mood swept me away. In about 20 minutes, I was lost to the rain, the ocean, the clouds and the horizon. The wind blowing into my face made the raindrops feel cold and sharp. In that time I had no feeling or sense of anything I was dealing with. All morning I had been battling a crisis and was due to deal with it again later in the evening and all through next week. But my rain experience, born out of a fortuitous change in schedules, reconnected me to my inner self. As I walked in the rain, I actually seemed to have dropped anchor and found my beautiful, undisturbed, inner core in the process!

That rain experience was a reaffirmation for me that it is perfectly fine to be doing nothing sometimes. And just being. We don’t have to be rushing through Life all the time. No time is better than now to stop and smell the roses, pause and stare endlessly into the sky or walk in the rain! Our daily lives will be full of twists, turns, tragedies, challenges, ups and downs. We can’t expect everything to be perfect for us to live and experience Life’s beauty and magic! There’s no better time than now to live. Because maybe, if we don’t break free from those situations that hold us back and if we don’t choose to live fully now when we have the time, we may still get an opportunity to live a Life that we always wanted to, but there simply may not be enough time! Have a great Saturday….and here’s the link to that memorable song meanwhile….



No comments:

Post a Comment