Disclaimer

Disclaimer 1: The author, AVIS, does not claim that he is the be-all, know-all and end-all of all that he shares based on experiences and learnings. AVIS has nothing against or for any religion. If the reader has a learning to share, most welcome. If the reader has a bone to pick or presents a view, which may affect the sentiments of other followers/readers, then this Page’s administrators may have to regrettably delete such a comment and even block such a follower. Disclaimer 2: No Thought expressed here is original though the experience of the learning shared may be unique. AVIS has little interest in either infringing upon or claiming copyright of any material published on this Page. The images/videos used on this Page/Post are purely for illustrative purposes. They belong to their original owners/creators. The author does not intend profiting from them nor is there any covert claim to copyright any of them.

Saturday, June 6, 2015

You can never go wrong choosing to be happy!

Think about this. All our grief in relationships comes from our wanting to be nice to people.

There’s nothing wrong in being nice, being accommodative, adjusting and understanding. But if you try to do all of that at the cost of your inner peace, you will end up feeling miserable.

Yesterday a friend called asking for a favor. He wanted me to help him out with finding a tenant for a property he has. I do have the intention to help him but I neither have the competence or contacts and nor do I have the time to invest in that effort. I told him openly that I may not be the right person at the moment for him to lean on – his rental value proposition is complicated and needs lots of resourcefulness to resolve. As I spoke with him for over 20 minutes, I employed my time-tested principle of asking myself the following questions: 1. Can I really deliver on his request? 2. Will I be happy doing this for my friend especially at the cost of my own time which is presently at a premium? I have noticed that whenever I weigh any option based on what gives me joy or makes me happy, I am a lot clearer with what I want to do. Or I am sure about what I don’t want to do. So, appraising any situation on the happiness question is an important and efficient way to make choices.


Whenever in doubt, whenever you are unconvinced about doing something for someone or even for yourself, ask yourself – will this make me happy? If the answer is no, simply don’t do it. There are no two ways to be happy. Choosing to be happy is the only way. And you can never go wrong with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment